Are you looking for software that will improve the productivity of your organization? Are you looking for a way to make communication and collaboration easier at your firm?
You might want to take a closer look at the amazing benefits of the software. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval will be helped by this.
Is it a good choice for your company? Will you make a good investment?
We will show you features and benefits to help you make the right decision.
What is SharePoint?
The web-based platform Microsoft SharePoint Online is very customer-oriented. It can be used with Microsoft Office to share and store files. The system is a content and document management system.
There is a secure workspace for organizations to coordinate and communicate in SharePoint. You can build tasks, track schedules and get information about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the app you want to use.
- Click on the create site option if you want to choose a Page.
- You can choose the team site.
- The design of your website is what you choose.
- Name and description are included in the correct details.
- Click on Finish to complete the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They are used as a containing space for members lists. You can have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner. Once users click on the library, they have access to the documents and content.
The best way to use the document library is by using the method above.
- You can choose the documents in the left- vertical pane.
- If you want to add new items, choose New. The current library folder is where you can drag and drop files.
- To open a Microsoft Office file in the app, you have to select it.
- Modern web apps allow you to change the file with other people. You can still check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items in the list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
There is a set of decisions and tasks that give you the right outcome. They are similar to the automated application that handles business processes. You can save time and effort by using a set of templates in SharePoint. Gaining consistency and efficiency for tasks will be helped by this.
There are different roles.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute search queries The recent website has the scope of search. The search application processes the query and returns results that are in line with the queries.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be found in the search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are required by the search engine in Microsoft Sharepoint online. You can add words to the search box and it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
It gives the host features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content stored. The library can be used to store the content in the data.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are many components that support project management in this template.
- Project summary.
- There is a task timelines.
- The task list includes tasks.
- “There’s a calendar.”
- There is a document library
- Task management features are built in.
This method of handling tasks and projects is easy to use.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
The best features, pros and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. Small, medium, and large businesses need team collaboration for projects.